Cyanoacrylate fast-setting adhesives are currently the most popular group of auxiliary adhesives. They are characterized by the fact that cyanoacrylate glue can glue even the most difficult product, which no other glue can handle. This curiosity brought him the greatest popularity. These adhesives are used in virtually every industrial, automotive, cottage and household field. These are professional adhesives with binding properties, thanks to which the elements can be joined quickly and easily. Cyanoacrylate adhesives will find their application in the combination of plastics, rubber, metals, wood, ceramics and many other materials that cannot be replaced.
There are cyanoacrylate adhesives of various fluidity, they can be thin, dense, medium-dense, or in a gel. We also divide them due to the curing time and they can be single-component and two-component adhesives.
Single-component adhesives have a very fast action and very high strength. They are recommended mainly for gluing most materials and those materials that cannot be glued with ordinary glue. This type is most suitable for gluing small materials with small dimensions. They are perfect for connecting both rigid and flexible products. One-component cyanoacrylate adhesives are resistant to mechanical effects, have high adhesion mainly on plastics, and are not sensitive to high and low temperatures. A big plus is their later disassembly.
There are several types of single-component cyanoacrylate adhesives :
- CX80 BONDICX 48 – it has a high viscosity, which is ethyl-based, has increased flexibility and resistance to peeling. Perfect for bonding metal materials, plastics, rubber with metal, plastics on metal wheels. This type of glue is also used to assemble speakers. In particular, this cyanoacrylate adhesive is recommended for joining materials such as: plastics, metals, elastomers or rubber-wood combinations. It can be applied manually on clean and dry surfaces as well as using a special dispenser. These adhesives dry quickly, but for a more accelerated effect, you can use appropriate activators.
- CX80 BONDICX 06 – it is a cyanoacrylate adhesive, which is used for quick bonding of metal and artificial materials. The speed of drying depends on conditions such as surface moisture. Its functional strength occurs in a relatively short time, while complete curing, once the product is completely chemically stable, can take up to 24 hours. It is especially used for gluing rubber parts, where express arrangement of details is necessary, because this type dries very quickly. It also works well when gluing a rubber hose and rubber seals, in car door lock mechanisms and as gluing a plastic housing to a fire extinguisher cylinder.
- CX80 BONDICX GEL – it is a very strong and universal glue in the form of a gel. It has a high viscosity, thanks to its density it does not drip, therefore it can be used on vertical surfaces and ceilings. Cyanoacrylate glue in the form of a gel will be used in gluing leather, cardboard, wood, foam, and also in metal surfaces.
- CX80 BONDICX 60 – this cyanoacrylate adhesive has a weak, almost imperceptible smell. It is designed for small surfaces, mainly for joints where aesthetics play an important role. This glue is used wherever materials need to present themselves perfectly, and the glued elements should be properly covered up.
- CX80 BONDICX GEL 54 – can be used wherever the surfaces do not adhere to each other. Cyanoacrylate gel adhesives are mainly used for ceilings and vertical surfaces. It is definitely useful where there are porous or absorbent materials such as leather, paper and fabric. Stsounkowo it is a kind of quick-drying glue, but it can fully harden up to 24 hours. If you want to speed up the curing process, you can use special activators designed for this. The consequences must then be taken into account, as inadequate curing time may have a reduced final effect.
Cyanoacrylate two-component adhesives are usually suitable for gluing surfaces with visible gaps. It has an express effect, because it is quick-drying, and thus intended for a product where we need to immediately glue the damaged element. Two-component cyanoacrylate adhesives are able to dry in 10 seconds, reducing assembly time. It has the consistency of a gel, which facilitates its use among vertical surfaces and gaps up to 5 mm wide, where there is a need to harden the gel exudate. It can be used for porous coatings, including wood, fabric, leather and paper. It is also recommended for bonding chipboards, aluminum and rubber.
Cyanoacrylate adhesives must be properly stored and carefully used during work, as they are very strong chemicals. Cyanoacrylate glue is relatively very dangerous to health, so when using it, you should properly protect your body, hands and eyes. All it takes is a drop of glue that will cause misfortune and stick the skin together. Should such a situation arise, you should immediately go to hot running water and wash the soiled area. In case of contact with the eyes, see a doctor immediately. Cyanoacrylate glue should be kept as far away from children as possible, out of their reach. It is best to store it in closed containers, in a cool and dry place, where the temperature varies between 2 degrees C and 8 degrees C. Cooled containers with glue are recommended to be warmed before opening. If they are already open, then they should be stored at a temperature of 8 degrees C to a maximum of 21 degrees C.