What is BISCO BF-1000 Extra Soft Cellular Silicone?
Bisco BF-1000 extra soft cellular silicone foam which is a highly compressible, soft material. Softness makes it an ideal solution where low closure force and sealing are critical. Rogers BF-1000 Extra Soft Cellular Silicone offers the durability needed for various sealing and cushioning applications.
Although the material is an open cell, a sufficient level of compression will allow the material to create a moisture, dust and air tight seal. Rogers BF-1000 extra soft is the ideal choice for sealingoutdoor enclosures, protecting electronics from shock and heat, and providing cushioning and vibration isolation forvarious applications.
Rogers BISCO® BF-1000 – Material Properties
BISCO-1000 extra soft cellular silicone – Features:
- excellent memory and low stress relaxation reduces maintenance costs associated with gasket failures due to compression set and softening
- resistance to ultraviolet light, ozone, extreme temperatures, heat, vibration and flame enables consistent performance in all environments
- typical density of 12 PCF
- CFD range of 1-5 PSI
- available in thicknesses from 0.063 to 1.0 in.
- compact cell size
- good shock absorption and vibration isolation
- BF 1000 extra soft cellular silicone is a highly flame resistant material
- exception sealing capability
- extreme temperature resistance making it suitable for both internal and external use
Benefits of Using BF-1000
- FDA compliant in accordance with FDA Regulation 21 CFR 177.2600
- softness allows protective seals that use less force
- highly adaptable to various environments
- high compressibility enables material to conform to variable width gaps, allowing greater design flexibility
- superior performance in all environments
- high compressibility allows the sponge to conform to awkward shapes and variable width gaps
- Compliance with the most stringent UL flame ratings
Material is available with a pressure-sensitive adhesive on one or twosides to allow easy application to a variety of surfaces.
BISCO BF-1000 Extra Soft Silicone Foam – Typical Application
BISCO BF-1000 extra soft cellular silicone is one kind of environmental seals to protect against penetration of dust, moisture, air or light within outdoor enclosures such as lighting fixtures, HVAC units, electronic cabinets. BF-1000 foam is a ideal choice for vibration isolation in electronic components and transportation vehicles and fire tetardant thermal insulation.
Where Rogers BISCO BF-1000 is Used?
- HVAC units
There are many applications that use BF-1000 foam a selection of which include applications such as:
- flame barrier
- LED Lighting
- gap filling
- gasketing and sealing
- LCD gaskets
- shock absorption
- fire retardant thermal insulation
- vibration management in electronic components and transportation vehicles
BF-1000 silicone’s excellent memory and low stress relaxation reduces maintenance costs from gasket failures caused by compression set and softening. Its extra softness allows designers to use less force to seal enclosures while still protecting devices from the environment.
Using a BF-1000 Extra Soft Silicone Foam offers a range of desirable properties and many of our customers utilize the shock and vibration absorbent, durable and stabilization qualities of the material.
Rogers Bisco Silicone Foam Series Including:
BF-1000 – Very Soft -A cellular silicone that offers the compressibility, softness, and durability needed for various sealing and cushioning applications
BF-2000 – Extra-Soft -A flame retardant foam offering the perfect balance of low weight and softness for transportation, industrial and electronics applications
This material is resistant to extreme temperatures, flame and ozone. BF-1000 foam is available in non-standard slit rolls, sheets and custom shapes and can be laminated with an adhesive to create a custom single or double coated foam.
High compressibility allows the material to conform to variable width gaps and awkward shapes, thereby allowing engineers more design flexibility.
BISCO BF-1000 extra soft cellular silicone is an ideal choice for sealing outdoor enclosures, protecting electronics from shock and heat and for vibration isolation and cushioning applications. Environmental seals to protect against penetration of dust, moisture, air, or light within outdoor enclosures such as lighting fixtures, HVAC units, and electronic cabinets.
In Power Rubber we specialize in rubber products selling, committed to providing the best solutions tailored to your needs for customers.
Have a question about BF-1000 silicone?